Raphael Bueno, M.D.
- Harvard Medical School 1985
- Brigham and Women's Hospital-Surgery 1993
- Massachusetts General Hospital - Thoracic Surgery 1995
- Surgery 1993
- Surgical Critical Care 1993
- Thoracic Surgery 1997
- Clinical Fellow in Surgery, Harvard Medical School, 1985-1995
- Instructor in Surgery, Harvard Medical School, 1996-2000
- Assistant Professor of Surgery, Harvard Medical School, 2000-2003
- Associate Professor of Surgery, Harvard Medical School, 2003-2010
- Professor of Surgery, Harvard Medical School, 2011-
Dr. Bueno joined the Division in 1996. He is board certified in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care. A graduate of Harvard University and Harvard Medical School, Dr. Bueno completed his surgical residency at Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital. His clinical interests include tracheal surgery, lung cancer, mesothelioma, esophageal cancer, benign esophageal disorders, thymomas, and minimally invasive surgery.
Dr. Bueno's laboratory research objectives are to better characterize the behavior of mesothelioma at the molecular level and to utilize this information to design novel diagnostic and therapeutic modalities.
Currently, Dr. Bueno is Professor of Surgery at Harvard Medical School. He is also Chief of Thoracic Surgery and Director of the Photodynamic Therapy Program at Brigham and Women's Hospital.
Email Raphael Bueno, M.D.
Email our Administrative Director for comments about this website.
©2015, Division of Thoracic Surgery at Brigham and Women's Hospital. All rights reserved.
NOTICE: This email is not for medically related issues. Comments or concerns regarding patient-related care should be directed to the Thoracic Surgery Clinic at 617-732-6824.
Division of Thoracic Surgery
Brigham and Women's Hospital
75 Francis Street
Boston, MA 02115